Krossin' Keuka is a .67 mile fun swim across Keuka Lake, off the shore of Keuka College. This is a fundraising event to support the Keuka Comfort Care Home.
Paddlers are part of the Krossin' Keuka safety team and play an important role because they are closest to the swimmers in the water. They are the Safety Team's eyes and ears, and not only offer encouragement and coaching, but also offer PFD to swimmers in need.
There is a $25 registration fee to participate in Krossin' Keuka as a paddler. Paddlers are not required to fundraise, but we encourage their participation in finding sponsorships. Paddlers are eligible for fundraising prizes, receive a Krossin' Keuka T-shirt and breakfast at the event.
Paddlers must be 18 years old or older to participate.
Single and Tandem Kayakers are acceptable.
Required Equipment for Paddlers:
- Kayak and paddle
- Paddler must wear an approved lifevest at ALL times
- Whistle or signaling device
- Throwing Device (throw rope or throw bag) should be at least 10 ft attached to a floatable (like a seat cushion, but no noodles)
- Green Flag - (we provide)
Recommended Equipment for Paddlers:
Paddlers must wear their Krossin' Keuka shirt so we know who is a part of Krossin Keuka!
- Extra Lifevest or paddleboard
- Hat, sunglasses, and sun screen
- Bottle of water